Whether you are a fair weather football fan like me and only take part in the biggest event of the season, or a diehard fan that doesn’t miss a game, the Super Bowl offers a welcomed break in the midst of winter. It’s an opportunity to get together with friends and family for a bit of fun. But like any celebration, a little extra caution is needed to make sure your Super Bowl experience is safe one. Sterling Autobody Centers is joining the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the National Football League and other partners in spreading the message about designating a sober driver because – “Fans Don’t Let Fans Drive Drunk.” Here are a few Super Bowl Safety Tips.
If you’re attending a Super Bowl party or watching the game at a sports bar or restaurant:
If you’re hosting a Super Bowl party:
- Make sure all of your guests designate their sober drivers in advance, or help arrange ride-sharing with sober drivers.
- Serve plenty of food and non-alcoholic beverages at the party.
- If you plan to stay sober, offer to drive guests home.
- Encourage guests to pace themselves.
- Host your party like they do at the stadium. Stop serving alcohol at the end of the third quarter of the game. The fourth quarter is perfect for serving coffee and dessert.
- Keep the phone numbers of local cab companies on hand and take the keys away from anyone who is thinking of driving drunk.
- Remember, you can be held liable and prosecuted if someone you served ends up in a drunk-driving crash.
- If an underage person drinks and drives, the parent may be legally liable for any damage, injury or death caused by the underage driver.
- Likewise, parents or other adults who provide alcohol to – or host a party where alcohol is available to those under age 21, could face jail time.
Have Fun and Take a Chance at Winning Some Great Prizes!
Besides the great advertisements, the halftime show and the food, I look forward to writing my name in the Super Bowl squares in hopes of walking away with a few extra dollars. Sterling is also giving fans an opportunity to win some great prizes. Join us for our virtual BIG GAME watch party this weekend to register for a chance to win a 60” HDTV –register now at http://bit.ly/MgWIWm
We are also giving away an XBOX One Console (Includes Madden 25), an LG Blue Tooth Stereo Headset, a Kindle Fire, a Fitbit Flex band, and other great prizes. Be sure and like us at https://www.facebook.com/Sterlingautobodycenters to go beyond the big game and have a chance to win.
What are your plans for Game Day?